Enterprise IT organisations are often organised into subgroups of technology specialists responsible for managing a particular domain in the organisation, such as servers, networks, storage, virtualisation, or applications. This siloed approach to IT operations is a natural outgrowth of the specialisation of administrators who are equipped with narrowly focused management tools. As long as these administrators continue to live in their management silos, infrastructure operations will be slow to respond to change, and operational workflows will be slow and choppy.
Enterprises need to streamline IT operations to support a more agile approach to delivering new services and revenue-generating applications. The essential ingredient in achieving this aim is an infrastructure management toolset that breaks down silos and unifies monitoring and workflows. The time has come for unified infrastructure monitoring tools.
This paper explores the macro trends that are generating a need for unified monitoring tools. It identifies the business drivers for adopting such tools, including the key considerations for earning a return on investment. Finally, the paper examines CA Technologies’ Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM) solution as an example of a monitoring architecture that supports the needs of an agile enterprise.
Surprise incidences of downtime in server rooms and remote wiring closets lead to sleepless nights for many IT managers. Most can recount horror stories about how bad luck, human error, or just simple incompetence brought their server rooms down. This paper analyzes several of these incidents and makes recommendations for how a basic monitoring system can help reduce the occurrence of these unanticipated events.
This report assesses the current state and effectiveness of vulnerability management.
This whitepaper discusses best practice in data protection monitoring, with a focus on recoverability and visibility as significant drivers for success. Whether backing up a private cloud or several smaller environments, learn how a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection, compliance to auditors, and understanding overall data protection health, performance, and reliability.
For a number of industries, there is room for delays caused by poor performance of IT infrastructure, and the importance of a solid monitoring system has never been greater. Read about how the Midcontinent Independent System Operator was able to tackle this challenge and effectively administer one of the world’s largest energy markets.
As threats evolve and the effectiveness of signature based web security declines, IT departments need to play a bigger, more hands-on role in web security than ever before. In this whitepaper, we look at real-time advanced threat defences that provide immediate visibility into advanced threats, data exfiltration and infected systems.
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now