The concept of IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) is rapidly maturing, providing an operational model for service providers to deliver services in a manner whereby they have control over optimising process and procedures, and deliver IT services to the customer as a package. Determining the business value of this approach and the potential savings fundamentally comes down to the concept of the “grey box”: the proportion of the service that is performed by the service provider rather than the customer. The ‘whiter’ the customer insists the box to be, the greater ITaaS reverts to being a managed service and the cost advantages of ITaaS evaporate.
Transitioning to an ITaaS is a significant change, and it’s important to recognise the impacts that may affect your organisation. This discussion paper articulates the balance between customer and service provider in taking ownership of service delivery, and looks at how the savings of moving to an ITaaS model have been recognised though three case studies (and the many factors that contributed to the savings).
Future Group, a major player in India’s retail sector, was looking to be more competitive wish faster time to market and better security. This case study outlines:
•How they achieved solid security in the complex management of a huge number of desktops •Which benefits they received, the hardware and storage used as well as the applications delivered •Gave back control to the company, reducing IT costs and maximising end-user experience for all
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now