Improving database performance is top of mind for many IT professionals. Their production databases in many ways are the lifeblood of the organization, supporting the transactions, applications, operations, business intelligence, and analytics that make the business work.
This book examines the market trends that are driving the ever demanding business requirement for better database performance, technical factors that affect database performance tuning, different SQL Server and Oracle Database design considerations, how database storage technologies and innovations can help drive business value, and key performance optimization capabilities to look for in a storage solution.
Cloud, identity management and enterprise mobility technologies can provide significant benefits for business efficiency and promote a collaborative workforce. However, it can often result in conflicts of interests between business heads and IT leaders, both who have different concerns and expectations on how to implement these solutions to benefit the company.
This whitepaper looks at how a collaborative approach can benefit both IT and business stakeholders, resulting in increased business flexibility and security. Included in this whitepaper are also 5 step by step considerations for both business and IT leaders to reap the benefits of these platforms by adopting synergistic strategies.
This paper showcases a sample reference configuration of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database on Dell PowerEdge FX2, outlining how to design a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V based reference architecture, and leverage the architecture for the SQL Server database alongside other workloads. It ensures high availability at all infrastructure tiers – compute, network, storage and database application. IT administrators and architects will learn the best practices in designing and implementing a virtualised infrastructure for Microsoft SQL Server database with Dell PowerEdge FX2.
Principled Technologies tested database performance of a four-year-old IBM System x3650 M3 server running Windows Server 2003 R3. They also looked at the database performance of two configurations of the Dell PowerEdge R730xd. Find out which configuration performed best in this full report.
Hands-on testing at Principled Technologies compared the performance of an HP ProLiant DL380 G7 and the Intel-powered Dell PowerEdge R730 in multiple configurations. Find out: how each performed in multiple configurations to show how resource upgrades can improve performance, how upgrading individual system components effected the overall server output, and which components businesses should focus attention on to scale up and meet application demands.
Written for SQL DBAs, IT Administrators and Architects responsible for the running SQL Database servers within their virtual infrastructures powered by Tintri VMstore™ storage appliances.
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now