Public cloud services have removed the historic barriers that stymied the global ambitions of Australasian companies, Xero's CEO Rod Drury said yesterday.
xero - News, Features, and Slideshows
Xero now has more than 1 million subscribers to its accounting software-as-a-service offering, the ASX-listed company announced this morning.
When Xero announced in November that it had completed its shift to a public cloud platform, the accounting software-as-a-service provider claimed that it was one of the largest migrations of its kind to be attempted in Australia and New Zealand.
Small business accounting software-as-a-service company, Xero, has completed what it says has been one of the largest data migrations onto AWS across Australia and New Zealand: more than 59 billion records, 3000 apps and 120 databases representing all data and applications for its 862,000 customers globally.
Xero is preparing to move customer data to Amazon Web Services (AWS), entering the final stage of a two-year project to migrate to cloud infrastructure.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.