A new report from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission includes figures showing that in 2014 reported financial losses from scams involving hacking more than doubled.
Windows Event Viewer scam - News, Features, and Slideshows
A cold calling scam called Windows Event Viewer or `eventvwr’ is still targeting Australians, five years on from Computerworld Australia’s 2009 investigation.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is warning Australians to hang up on scammers who claim to offer smartphone and tablet tech support services.
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2013.
Australians are being warned to hang up on telemarketers who phone up and claim that their computer has a virus.
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now