The Federal Court this morning ordered Australia’s biggest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block 58 individual pirate sites and more than 200 different domains and IP addresses.
Village Roadshow - News, Features, and Slideshows
It was probably as harrowing as it gets for a Federal Court hearing, as lawyers, journalists, a judge, and assorted observers today narrowly escaped being subjected to an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
Foxtel has launched new court action seeking to stem Internet piracy.
TPG, Telstra, Optus and Foxtel as well as the companies’ subsidiaries, such as iiNet and Internode, will be obliged to block their customers from accessing BitTorrent site Kickass Torrents under a Federal Court injunction handed down today.
Court action by copyright holders seeking to have Internet service providers (ISPs) block their customers from accessing a range of piracy-linked websites is set to become a lot quicker and consequently, cheaper.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.