The operator of a website that sold more than US$100 million worth of pirated software to customers worldwide was sentenced Tuesday to 12 years in a U.S. federal prison.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement - News, Features, and Slideshows
The former chief scientist at a Kentucky defense contractor has been sentenced to a year in prison for buying pirated software from Russian and Chinese hackers and using it to design components for military helicopters.
Three U.S. investigative agencies, working with state and local police departments across the country, have seized more than 300 websites and US$13.6 million worth of counterfeit National Football League sportswear and tickets from online and other sellers, the agencies announced.
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will begin a pilot deployment of smartphones running Research In Motion's new BlackBerry 10 OS early next year.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply