One of the best pieces of security advice any computer expert can give you is to enable two-factor authentication for websites that support it. With password breaches so common nowadays, it could be the one thing that keeps hackers from stealing your identity online.
two factor authentication - News, Features, and Slideshows
In an ideal world, people would not need a password to log in to Facebook as they would use a hardware token instead, according to Facebook United States engineer Gregg Stefancik.
CryptoPhoto, a startup from Noosa, Queensland, has made a two-factor authentication service using photos displayed on a smartphone or paper card.
Customers of Rabobank Australia and New Zealand are being offered two factor secure authentication services when they transact online following the signing of a deal with US-based security vendor ThreatMetrix.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.