Legislation that formally obliges telecommunications to protect their networks from a range of threats has passed the House of Representatives with bipartisan support.
Telecommunications and Other Legislation Amendment Bill - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Coalition, Labor and the Nick Xenophon Team have voted for a bill that will implement the government’s Telecommunications Sector Security Reforms (TSSR).
Passage of legislation implementing the Telecommunications Sector Security Reforms (TSSR) is one step closer, with the government today announcing it has accepted all the recommendations of a related inquiry held by the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security (PJCIS).
Proposed legislation to implement the government’s Telecommunications Sector Security Reforms (TSSR) has received bipartisan support.
The government’s push to introduce a legislative framework to boost the security of Australia’s networks has again been criticised by a group of major industry organisations.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.