<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
telecommunication - News, Features, and Slideshows
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
There's nothing like face-to-face meetings for really connecting with clients or team members, but with air travel becoming ever more expensive (and ever less pleasant), frequent in-person meetings are becoming less viable for many businesses. That means your best option is usually a videoconference.
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not very frightening. Consider these three steps:
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up shop without buying something.)
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now