In its 2017-18 budget handed down today, the Tasmanian government has earmarked more than $60 million for key digital transformation projects, including a program to upgrade IT systems relied on by emergency services in the state. Overall the government said it intended to spend $67.5 million in ICT upgrades.
tasmania - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tasmania’s Office of eGovernment (OeG) has begun the recruitment process for a chief information officer to drive a whole-of-government IT strategy for the state.
The Tasmanian government is seeking to boost security across its departments, creating a new executive-level cyber security position.
An investigation by Cable Consulting International into the outage of the Basslink interconnector has not been able to identify the cause of the fault.
Perth-headquartered data centre operator Red Cloud has finalised the purchase of a site for its new Tasmanian data centre.
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now