In its 2017-18 budget handed down today, the Tasmanian government has earmarked more than $60 million for key digital transformation projects, including a program to upgrade IT systems relied on by police in the state. Overall the government said it intended to spend $67.5 million in ICT upgrades.
tasmania - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tasmania’s Office of eGovernment (OeG) has begun the recruitment process for a chief information officer to drive a whole-of-government IT strategy for the state.
The Tasmanian government is seeking to boost security across its departments, creating a new executive-level cyber security position.
An investigation by Cable Consulting International into the outage of the Basslink interconnector has not been able to identify the cause of the fault.
Perth-headquartered data centre operator Red Cloud has finalised the purchase of a site for its new Tasmanian data centre.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.