TPG plans to build a national 4G wireless network to reach 80 per cent of the Australian population by next year, at a cost of almost $2 billion.
spectrum - News, Features, and Slideshows
TPG has increased its spectrum holdings in Singapore, the telco announced today.
TPG is set to become a Singapore mobile carrier. The Australian telco announced today that it had successfully picked up spectrum in an auction staged by Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).
TPG could potentially pick up a significant chunk of spectrum in the 700MHz band, boosting its ability to roll out a 4G mobile network, under rules set by the government for an upcoming auction.
TPG says it welcomes a decision by the government to ditch previously mooted plans to sell spectrum in the 700MHz band to Vodafone Hutchison Australia.
Wi-Fi may be the networking method of choice among apartment blocks cropping up in increased numbers in Australia’s major cities, however increased reliance on wireless internet is resulting in more security risks, according to Layer 10 Consulting.
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply