Phone and tablet vendors have used Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, to unveil a range of their 2011 offerings. We've taken a look at some of the handsets and iPad-wannabes that have been on show at MWC so far.
Sony Ericsson - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sony Ericsson in pictures
While some consumer electronics manufacturers have cleaned up their act, making more energy-efficient gadgets with fewer toxic materials, others are continuing to make fine promises but no changes, according to Greenpeace. In response, the environmental pressure group is changing the way it scores companies in its <a href="http://www.greenpeace.org/rankingguide">Guide to Greener Electronics</a>, placing more emphasis on their actions than their words, and measuring new aspects of their operations.
Sony said Thursday it will acquire Ericsson's 50 percent share in their Sony Ericsson mobile phone joint venture, turning the company into a subsidiary in January 2012.
Strong results for tech companies, especially Google, and an easing of concerns about the economy boosted confidence in the computer sector, as markets closed Friday on a positive note.
Mobile phone vendor Sony Ericsson today announced an agreement with Telstra to ship the Xperia neo Android handset on the carriers Next G network, including support for high-definition voice calling.
Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Ray and Xperia Active, new phones that will come equipped with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, at the CommunicAsia conference in Singapore.
Beleaguered Sony Ericsson must need good news more than sales, why else would it introduce its first Android phone months early? Just in time to hurt holiday sales of its current high-end handset!
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.