The lack of cyber security professionals in Australia is fast becoming a national crisis. A survey this week found that 88 per cent of local businesses were struggling with their lack of skills. The government described the “critical shortage” as a “major problem” in its national cyber security strategy. The situation, it said, was “urgent’”.
skills shortage - News, Features, and Slideshows
The danger of cyber attacks in 2015 is a top concern for members of global IT association ISACA with 61 per cent out of 121 Australian and New Zealand members expecting an attack on their organisation.
Allowing foreign financial institutions to ship “temporary” ICT workers into Australia will supress wage growth for domestic technology specialists, says IBRS analyst Guy Cranswick.
A team of students from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) has once again won Telstra’s annual Cyber Security Challenge Australia (CySCA).
The tech skills shortage continues to bite as employers scramble for the right candidates in numerous high demand areas like software development, infrastructure, and project management, according to the latest Hays Quarterly Hotspots report for April to June.
As the global financial crisis continues to bite and staff are laid off, the question of whether the recession presents an opportunity organisation to pick up some highly skilled workers at fire-sale prices has emerged.
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now