It was probably as harrowing as it gets for a Federal Court hearing, as lawyers, journalists, a judge, and assorted observers today narrowly escaped being subjected to an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
site blocking laws - News, Features, and Slideshows
Foxtel has launched new court action seeking to stem Internet piracy.
TPG, Telstra, Optus and Foxtel as well as the companies’ subsidiaries, such as iiNet and Internode, will be obliged to block their customers from accessing BitTorrent site Kickass Torrents under a Federal Court injunction handed down today.
Court action by copyright holders seeking to have Internet service providers (ISPs) block their customers from accessing a range of piracy-linked websites is set to become a lot quicker and consequently, cheaper.
Village Roadshow has begun legal proceedings to block customers of Australia’s largest ISPs from accessing 41 websites that the company says are associated with online piracy.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.