Telecommunications company, Huawei, showcases its LTE network in a shipping container
optus - News, Features, and Slideshows
optus in pictures
In this series, Computerworld takes a look into the major events of 2009 which shaped Australian telcos.
‘Resilience’ was a word peppered across Optus’ fourth quarter results release, with figures showing a 12 per cent fall in net profit for the 12 months ending in March compared with the previous year.
If the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) confirms its draft decision to not declare a wholesale mobile roaming service, Telstra “will immediately move to expand our 4G coverage to reach 99 per cent of the population by later this year,” the telco’s CEO, Andrew Penn, said today.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will not declare a wholesale mobile roaming service under a draft decision released by the organisation this morning.
Former Telstra and Vodafone exec Stuart Bird will take the reins at Optus’ wholesale and satellite division, the Singtel subsidiary announced today.
The latest data on National Broadband Network connections released by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission reveal that Telstra continues to dominate the market, with the telco delivering over 51 per cent of NBN connections (excluding satellite).
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
The Telstra T-Touch Tab and the Optus MyTab are two of the first low cost tablet devices launched in Australia that attempt to provide an alternative to the Apple iPad. Both of these Android tablets are smaller than the iPad, sitting somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the popular HTC Desire and the iPad tablet.
Telstra has acknowledged wider telecommunications industry concerns about the need for greater equivalence and transparency in its submission to the National Broadband Network: Regulatory Reform for 21st Century Broadband discussion paper.
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda