The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner has finalised its investigation into an allegations of a data breach in 2015 that involved iiNet subsidiary Westnet.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will not appeal a Federal Court decision that confirmed a ruling by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) limiting the ‘metadata’ Telstra is compelled to hand over to an individual if that individual requests access to it.
Telstra has won a court case that could potentially have seen the telco forced to hand over significant amounts of data to individual customers when requested.
Attorney-General George Brandis has appointed Timothy Pilgrim to the role of Australian Information Commissioner and reappointed him as Australian Privacy Commissioner.
Scrutiny of a number of Internet of Things devices and services used by Australians reveal shortcomings when it comes to privacy protections.
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply