The New York Stock Exchange has built a VMware-based cloud computing service for financial firms, which goes live today from a data center in New Jersey with expansions planned for Toronto, Tokyo and London.
nyse - News, Features, and Slideshows
In the ultra-geek world of machine-to-machine trading, the New York Stock Exchange is now measuring some of its processes in nanoseconds, or one billionth of a second.
Juniper Networks has landed perhaps its most significant enterprise customer to date, as the New York Stock Exchange plans to deploy hundreds of the company's switches for a time-sensitive, low-latency 10Gbps Ethernet network.
Fears that the major US financial markets would follow other markets as they dropped on Friday prompted the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) to highlight rules about market-wide trading halts that kick in when indices plummet below certain pre-defined levels.
Heading into the heart of hurricane season 10 months after Sandy slammed the New York metropolitan area, Wall Street has had time to reassess and revamp backup plans.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible