Norton Hornets drivers James Moffat and Michael Caruso were on hand to present a cheque for $300,000 to men's charity beyondblue during the Bathust 1000. The donation is a result of the sale of Norton 360 Multi-Device boxes sold through Australian retailers since March 2013.
norton - News, Features, and Slideshows
norton in pictures
Team Norton drivers James Moffat and James Caruso took the opportunity to meet with guests of the security software company and Nissan fans during the Melbourne Formula One last weekend. Moffat finished the second race of the V8 supercar challenge in fifth place while Todd Kelly of sister team Jack Daniel’s Racing finished in eighth.
Australians lost $1.2 billion to cybercriminals in 2015 according to a new report.
Australians are being urged to take a smarter approach to smartphone security after a study found that some consumers don’t worry about getting a virus on their smartphone when they download free apps.
While many (but not all) users are familiar with the concept of security software, there are more basic ways to protect unwary surfers from phishing sites, botnets, intrusive advertising and other unwanted visitors: DNS services.
Nicholas Carr's essay <em>IT Doesn't Matter</em> in the Harvard Business Review in 2003, and the later book, argued that IT is shifting to a service delivery model comparable to electric utilities. It produced <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2571616/it-management/it-does-so-matter-.html">debate and defensiveness</a> among IT managers over the possibility that they were sliding to irrelevancy. It's a debate that has yet to be settled. But what <em>is</em> clear is that Carr has a talent for raising timely questions, and he has done so again in his latest work <em>The Glass Cage, Automation and Us</em> (W.W. Norton & Co.)
Dennis Technology Labs (DTL), which tests anti-malware products for effectiveness in protection, for the first time included the free version of the Malwarebytes software in the labs' competitive evaluation along with nine other vendor products, both paid and free. The results published by DTL today reveal Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free had a poor showing, with only Microsoft Security Essentials doing worse in terms of effectiveness of protection.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.