Commonwealth Bank of Australia currently only offers tap and pay Android phone payments through its own digital wallet app.
NFC - News, Features, and Slideshows
Major Australian banks have made mobile payments a priority tech initiative and are in various stages of rolling out technology that lets customers pay with smartphones. Commonwealth Bank and Westpac are so far leading the pack, but ANZ Bank and National Australia Bank (NAB) say they are planning to make their own moves soon.
A Samsung Galaxy S4 is no longer required to tap and pay using the Commonwealth Bank mobile app for Android.
Optus will extend its mobile payments app to smartwatches and other wearable devices, the telco said today.
Suncorp Bank has revealed it will soon support contactless mobile payments on Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
Apple Watch users already have thousands of apps they can choose to use, but what is arguably the most important is already wrapped around their wrist.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.