Companies will need to invest heavily in unified communications (UC) over the next four years as more staff work from home or in remote locations, according to analyst firm IDC.
mobile workforce - News, Features, and Slideshows
Aptly named, a company's help desk is primarily focused on resolving technology issues so the business as a whole can function successfully. Despite the best of intentions, however, help desks can put the company at risk by using legacy tools, shared passwords and incomplete security practices.
Supporting staff who want to bring their own devices and applications to work may be a pain for many CIOs, but the business benefits make implementing a program worth the time and effort, according to Dimension Data's CIO Ian Jansen.
According to recent reports, the average business traveler carries three mobile devices for work and 25% of IT decision makers believe desk phones will be replaced by mobile phones within two years. The data points to an increasingly mobile workforce, one that expects a single user experience for accessing unified communications (UC) applications and services across all their preferred devices -- whether it is an employer-issued smartphone or an employee's BYOD tablet device.
Whitepapers about mobile workforce
The way in which people work has changed. The mobile workforce is a reality. Yet while new ways of working bring many benefits, they demand a new approach to security. For instance, how do you secure your data and applications on the internet? What happens if a device gets stolen? How do you ensure documents are secure if they are used in public environments? Can you provide quality technical support to users who are working from home? How will your employees ensure that their work and private information remains separate? Read this whitepaper to find out more.
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now