Cisco this week announced intentions to acquire Piston Cloud Computing, its second OpenStack cloud computing buyout in less than a year.
mergers & acquisitions - News, Features, and Slideshows
Reports surfaced last week that Cisco may be close to buying hyperconvergence start-up Nutanix.
Cisco this week announced intentions to acquire Tropo, a developer of software designed to embed real-time communications within cloud applications.
ALLEN, TX -- Nokia's $16.6 billion acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent is an example of the industry shifting just as Cisco predicted, its CEO said this week.
Microsoft so far this year has been the most acquisitive company in enterprise IT, snapping up at least four firms on top of four others that it bought in the last two months of 2014. And while the buyouts might at first glance appear scattershot we're talking text analysis, calendaring and digital pen startups among others -- there does seem to be a grand plan here.
Now that SAP's roughly $US6 billion acquisition of Sybase has gained clearance from European regulators, it may not be long before the deal is finalised. With that in mind, users and partners of the companies have much to consider during the next few months, analysts say.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.