There are more than 250,000 health apps on the market, but a lack of clear regulation and developers’ ignorance of existing rules, could mean they are putting users at risk.
medical - News, Features, and Slideshows
Candice Reed – Australia’s first baby conceived by in vitro fertilisation (IVF) – is now in her late 30s. Since her birth in Melbourne in 1980 more than 200,000 children have been born here as a result of IVF-type treatments.
Medical device manufacturer Animas warns diabetic patients who use its OneTouch Ping insulin pumps about security issues that could allow hackers to take over the devices and deliver unauthorized doses of insulin.
The University of NSW Faculty of Medicine has developed an in-house student management system, dubbed eMed, which has remained cost competitive with commercial software for seven years and is now being extended into the Web 2.0 paradigm.
When a startup called ZocDoc whose entire business is to provide a portal for people to make doctors' appointments online moved into my shared Manhattan office, I have to admit I was skeptical about the viability of the company's business plan.
New York City's Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers is saving power and money by replacing its desktop computers with thin clients running virtualized operating systems.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.