The ABC has created a chief technology officer role as part of a wide-ranging transformation program unveiled by the broadcaster’s managing director, Michelle Guthrie.
media - News, Features, and Slideshows
The ABC is planning a massive upgrade of the transcoding facilities it uses to convert a wide range of video formats for use on television, podcasts, Internet publishing and various forms of mobile and social media.
Sydney startup Newzulu will continue its global expansion after successfully raising $11.5 million in capital, the crowd-sourced media company announced.
The arrival in Australia of Google Chromecast could shake the media landscape, according to an IBRS analyst.
The Australian communications and media sector will spend $5.7 billion this year, up from $5.5 billion this year, IDC predicted in a market report released today.
Analog movies can be the easiest--or the hardest--medium to digitize, depending on the format you're working with. While older camcorder and video formats such as 8mm and Hi8 or VHS and Betamax tapes are easy to transfer, digitizing film can be difficult at best.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.