Jolla, the Finnish developer of an Android alternative, has signed Indian smartphone vendor Intex Technologies as the first licensee for its Sailfish OS.
Jolla - News, Features, and Slideshows
Finnish company Jolla seems to be making good progress on its first tablet, which runs an improved version of its Sailfish operating system.
Finnish companies Jolla and SSH Communications Security are counting on their European origins to help sell a secure mobile operating system they are co-developing.
Finnish company Jolla is following through on a promise to add more features to its Linux-based Sailfish OS, with plans to offer more personalization and a feature called "Events" that will show messages, calendar events and other information on the screen at once.
The Jolla Tablet, an open-source device that promises privacy, ease of use and comparable hardware to late-model Android tablets and iPads, has demolished its funding goals on IndieGoGo in just the first few days of its campaign.
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their alternatives ready.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.