Telecommunications company, Huawei, showcases its LTE network in a shipping container
Huawei - News, Features, and Slideshows
Huawei in pictures
At a preview event at this year's MWC on Sunday, Huawei launched the P10 and P10 Plus smartphones, and drew big crowds.
Huawei appears to be seeking to stake out a central co-ordinating role in the evolution of 5G mobile applications.
For the much-hyped next generation of cellular technology, 5G, the first major commercial use case for the emerging technology could be delivering broadband to consumers presently underserved or poorly served by fixed networks, according to Huawei.
Optus and Huawei achieved a single-user transmission speed of 35 gigabits per second during a 5G trial using spectrum in the 73GHz band.
Optus and Huawei have managed to achieve mobile download speeds 1.41 gigabits per second during a trial of LTE-Advanced Pro earlier this week.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible