Chief Information Security Officer Christian Hamer, who is responsible for policy and awareness across Harvard University and whose team handles security operations and incident response, took part on a panel last week at the Campus Technology conference in Boston (Campus Technology's Rhea Kelly moderated; ESET researcher Lysa Myers was also an expert panelist). Here's a selection of Hamer's more notable observations:
harvard university - News, Features, and Slideshows
U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digital rights groups and security experts said.
The bridge to the future may be built by robots.
If you've ever wondered whether wearable computers might one day turn into computers that are implanted in our brains, research at Harvard University suggests it's a possibility.
When Ken Griffin, the director of IT operations for Harvard Business Publishing, warned his staff, "12 months from now, those servers are being switched off," his message was crystal clear -- there's no going back, learn the cloud or step aside.
Tyler Kresch isn't turning to graduate school to help him change his job from tech sales to running a startup; instead he's taking massive open online courses (MOOCs) to learn the IT skills necessary for that career move.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.