From 11am on 17 February, the new .sydney top-level domain will hit general availability.
gTLD - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sydney’s tourism industry should help drive interest in the city’s new top-level domain when it launches later this month according to the chief executive of ARI Registry Services, the company that managed the application for the new TLD.
The first collection of second-level domains using the new .melboune top-level domain will be live on the Internet from tomorrow.
The Victorian government has signed a registry agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), moving the .melbourne domain one step closer to the Web. The first .melbourne domains are likely to come online in mid-2014, according to ARI Registry Services.
As the number of top-level domains undergoes explosive growth, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is studying ways to reduce the risk of traffic intended for internal network destinations ending up on the Internet via the Domain Name System.
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda