The Federal Court this morning ordered Australia’s biggest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block 58 individual pirate sites and more than 200 different domains and IP addresses.
foxtel - News, Features, and Slideshows
Foxtel's latest push to stop online copyright infringement seeks to have major Australian ISPs block more than 120 domains that it says are linked to movie and TV piracy.
Foxtel is the first copyright-holder to seek changes to an anti-piracy website-blocking injunction, this morning being granted court orders to cover new mirror sites.
It was probably as harrowing as it gets for a Federal Court hearing, as lawyers, journalists, a judge, and assorted observers today narrowly escaped being subjected to an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
Foxtel has launched new court action seeking to stem Internet piracy.
Telstra’s stake in the Foxtel pay television network has been a major inhibitor to the growth of broadband in Australia according to John Porter, CEO at pay television provider Austar.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.