The Equinix ME1 data centre officially opened in Melbourne today. The $66 million facility has a current capacity of 375 cabinets with 1,125 more cabinets to be added in the future.
equinix - News, Features, and Slideshows
equinix in pictures
A look inside Equinix's new Sydney 3 (SY3) data centre.
Equinix’s SY4 will host an additional 1500 cabinets after the company completes an expansion of the data centre.
Data centre provider Equinix has formally launched its fourth Sydney facility, SY4, although it already has more than 20 customers operating out of it according to Jeremy Deutsch, the company’s local managing director.
Equinix has completed its expansion of ME1, bumping the Port Melbourne data centre’s capacity to 1125 cabinets and giving it a total colocation area of around 3325 square metres.
Equinix will spend US$28 million on its ME1 Melbourne data centre to support increased customer demand for cloud services, the company said today.
Telstra customers will be able to colocate within Equinix’s five data centres, SY1, SY2, SY3, SY4 and ME1 in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.