Tapping the private sector for mobile broadband capabilities that can be employed public safety agencies, such as police, fire, ambulance and other emergency services, is the “most efficient, effective and economical” option, according to a research report on the issue released today by the Productivity Commission.
emergency services - News, Features, and Slideshows
The NSW government has launched a Windows Phone version of the Emergency+ app developed to help Australians call the right number for help in emergency and non-emergency situations.
The New South Wales government revealed a $2.8 million upgrade of the radio communications network used by the state’s emergency services.
The Victorian Government has signed a $41.5 million extension on a contract with Motorola Solutions to manage the government’s emergency services data network.
People dialing 000 from a mobile phone in an emergency will now automatically transmit their current location.
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more