Tapping the private sector for mobile broadband capabilities that can be employed public safety agencies, such as police, fire, ambulance and other emergency services, is the “most efficient, effective and economical” option, according to a research report on the issue released today by the Productivity Commission.
emergency services - News, Features, and Slideshows
The NSW government has launched a Windows Phone version of the Emergency+ app developed to help Australians call the right number for help in emergency and non-emergency situations.
The New South Wales government revealed a $2.8 million upgrade of the radio communications network used by the state’s emergency services.
The Victorian Government has signed a $41.5 million extension on a contract with Motorola Solutions to manage the government’s emergency services data network.
People dialing 000 from a mobile phone in an emergency will now automatically transmit their current location.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible