Criminals have managed to siphon a total of $600,000 out of Australian businesses by posing as suppliers and requesting payment be sent to a new bank account via email, says SCAMwatch.
email scam - News, Features, and Slideshows
As the year winds down, it’s time to look back at some of the financial scams that targeted Australians in 2014.
Telstra has warned customers to delete a phishing email that claims they need to update their billing information following the introduction of 4G services on the 700MHz spectrum.
Utility provider EnergyAustralia has warned customers about an email phishing scam that claims to contain a link to their electricity or gas bill.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is warning Australians not to respond to an email which claims that someone tried to access their personal bank account.
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply