Your wrap of this week's Australian tech news.
Dymocks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian book retailer Dymocks has launched its new web-based publishing arm to enable aspiring authors to produce, publish and distribute their work as both physical and electronic books.
A review of the Australian book industry, commissioned by the Federal Government, has called for the goods and services tax (GST) on books to be scrapped in order to level the playing field between Australian booksellers and offshore online retailers.
Booktopia is the latest bookseller to bring Google e-books to Australia, following the announcement from Aussie book retailer Dymocks that it would be adding the digital repository to its online business.
Australian book retailer Dymocks will forge ahead with plans to move its online business offshore should the Productivity Commission recommend the parallel importation restrictions on books remain.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.