Ericsson Australia has established a regional TV centre in Melbourne to advance the development and adoption of next-generation TV in the emerging era of high-speed broadband communications.
digital tv - News, Features, and Slideshows
digital tv in pictures
Only 12 months remain until analog TV is no longer broadcast in Australia. By 10 December 2013, all remaining analog TV signals will be switched off, communications minister Stephen Conroy warned today.
During the switch to digital-only television, applications for satellite TV smart card activations are being processed at a rate of up to 600 every week indicating the move away from analog is not only to terrestrial broadcasts, but also to satellite.
Another milestone in Australia’s transition to digital-only television broadcasts has passed with regional Victoria's remaining analog signals now switched off.
The Federal Government has announced the digital switchover date for regional Queensland, with the switch to digital-only television to occur on the 6 December this year.
Australia’s transition to digital free-to-air television has continued with analog TV signals permanently switched off this week in regional South Australia and Broken Hill.
After reading <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/168878/ditch_cable_and_satellite_for_free_internet_tv.html">Ditch Cable and Satellite for Free Internet TV</a>, Warren Kernaghan asked where on the Internet he can find television programs comparable to what's on cable.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.