The federal Department of Health has handed over all IT support services to Datacom as part of a $242 million 'outcomes-as-a-service contract'.
Department of Health - News, Features, and Slideshows
The data breach at Community Health Systems that exposed the personal information on more than 4.5 million people is a symptom of the chronic lack of attention to patient data security and privacy within the healthcare industry.
The Department of Health has gone to tender for a new IT outsourcing service provider, more than 14 years after an original $350 million contract was signed with IBM Global Services.
An inadvertent data leak that stemmed from a physician's attempt to reconfigure a server cost New York Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Medical Center $4.8 million to settle with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services launched a security probe of Healthcare.gov after a U.S. intelligence unit last week warned that portions of the Affordable Care Act website was built by software developers linked to the Belarus government.
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now