The Commonwealth Ombudsman has been unable to confirm whether the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (Customs – now integrated into the Australian Border Force) met its legal obligations when exercising powers given to it under telecommunications interception and access legislation.
data retention - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) is mulling an audit of the government’s Data Retention Industry Grants Program.
A blanket ban on the use in lawsuits of data kept to comply with data retention obligations puts telecommunications providers in a difficult position, Telstra has argued.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will not appeal a Federal Court decision that confirmed a ruling by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) limiting the ‘metadata’ Telstra is compelled to hand over to an individual if that individual requests access to it.
Australia will finally get a mandatory data breach notification regime after a government bill was today passed by the Senate.
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now