North Korea on Saturday blamed the U.S. for its nine-and-a-half-hour Internet outage earlier in the week, and called President Barack Obama a "monkey" as part of a racist, vitriolic statement issued by the country's highest government body, the National Defense Commission (NDC).
cyberwarfare - News, Features, and Slideshows
China's state-run TV is telling iPhone owners that the device is a threat to national security because it tracks their movements.
The Department of Homeland Security mistakenly released details on an experiment in which a 27-ton generator was destroyed via a cyberattack.
A sophisticated Chinese hacker group that had been stealing information from U.S. policy experts on Southeast Asia suddenly changed targets last month to focus on Iraq, security researchers said Monday.
The National Security Agency Monday defended its data collection practices amid revelations that almost 90% of the data it sweeps up involves ordinary Internet users not suspected of crimes.
Any effort to rein in the National Security Agency after its widespread spy activities were revealed in leaked documents must focus on more than simply limiting what personal data can be collected.
The remarkable success that Chinese state-sponsored groups have had in infiltrating U.S. government, military and corporate networks in recent years should not be mistaken as a sign of growing technical superiority over the U.S. in cyberspace, security experts said.
Applying Big Data approaches to information security can help enterprises build better situational awareness capabilities, but implementation could prove to be a major challenge, security experts said at the RSA Conference 2013 being held here this week.
China is by far the most aggressive, but not the only, country attempting the sort of extensive cyberespionage described in security firm Mandiant's dramatic report, released this week.
More DDoS attacks on banks, cyberwarfare, and targeted attacks could well be in store in 2013, security experts warn.
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now