Prime Minister Julia Gillard was on hand in Sydney this week to launch a new cyber education module called bCyberwise. Developed by Life Education and McAfee, the program is designed to teach primary school students about online dangers such as becoming `friends' with strangers and cyber bullying. The program will be rolled out to Australian schools from 4 February.
cyber safety - News, Features, and Slideshows
cyber safety in pictures
Players from the Wests Tigers NRL club and sponsor Trend Micro took time out from their schedules to present a cyber safety education program to children from St Ambrose Primary School in Sydney.
More than 5000 URLs pointing to websites containing child sexual abuse material were investigated by the Children’s eSafety Commissioner during the 2014/15 calendar year.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Commonwealth Bank volunteers nationwide are stepping up the fight against online bullying and child exploitation by educating parents, teachers and community members about cyber safety for kids.
The newly created Office of the Children’s e-Safety Commissioner will have the power to issue a notice to a cyberbully asking them to remove offending material from the Internet. If they do not comply, the Commissioner can refer the case to the police.
The Australian government’s proposed child cyber safety policy has drawn a positive response from the information security industry.
An education program called Growing Up Digital has been launched in Victoria with 10 schools taking part in a trial.
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now