Prime Minister Julia Gillard was on hand in Sydney this week to launch a new cyber education module called bCyberwise. Developed by Life Education and McAfee, the program is designed to teach primary school students about online dangers such as becoming `friends' with strangers and cyber bullying. The program will be rolled out to Australian schools from 4 February.
cyber safety - News, Features, and Slideshows
cyber safety in pictures
Players from the Wests Tigers NRL club and sponsor Trend Micro took time out from their schedules to present a cyber safety education program to children from St Ambrose Primary School in Sydney.
More than 5000 URLs pointing to websites containing child sexual abuse material were investigated by the Children’s eSafety Commissioner during the 2014/15 calendar year.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Commonwealth Bank volunteers nationwide are stepping up the fight against online bullying and child exploitation by educating parents, teachers and community members about cyber safety for kids.
The newly created Office of the Children’s e-Safety Commissioner will have the power to issue a notice to a cyberbully asking them to remove offending material from the Internet. If they do not comply, the Commissioner can refer the case to the police.
The Australian government’s proposed child cyber safety policy has drawn a positive response from the information security industry.
An education program called Growing Up Digital has been launched in Victoria with 10 schools taking part in a trial.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.