With the government yet to finalise whole-of-government guidelines for the use by federal agencies of Section 313(3) of the Telecommunications Act to block Australians’ access to websites, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has moved to develop internal guidelines on its use of the power.
civil liberties - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia will finally get a mandatory data breach notification regime after a government bill was today passed by the Senate.
Australia is a step closer to having a mandatory data breach notification regime, after a bill to create such a scheme today received bipartisan support in the House of Representatives.
The government has finally introduced a long-awaited bill that will create a mandatory data breach notification scheme.
There has been a mixed reception from business to a draft government bill that would implement a mandatory data breach notification scheme.
They sometimes call national security the third rail of politics. Touch it and, politically, you're dead.
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now