Separate announcements from optical networking vendors Ciena and Infinera bring the vision of a cognitive network one step closer.
Ciena - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra and Ericsson have demonstrated encryption of data in transit between Los Angeles and Melbourne over a 10 gigabit per second link.
Telstra in partnership with Ericsson has deployed a new optical encryption offering from Ciena on the telco’s Melbourne-Canberra-Sydney route.
Back in March, the issue was raised whether disaggregation -- decoupling network software from hardware for choice and flexibility -- could play in the enterprise as well as the service provider realm.
Two hardware vendors this week unveiled products to bring commodity switching and virtualization to enterprises through service providers.
One gauge of industry progress on the software-defined networking front is the momentum of the Open Networking Foundation (ONF), the user-lead group that is spelling out the core SDN standards and championing the cause.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.