The federal government has rejected a central recommendation of a parliamentary inquiry that scrutinised an automated data-matching program intended to recover purported overpayments of welfare benefits.
centrelink - News, Features, and Slideshows
The report of a Senate inquiry has recommended that Centrelink pause its automated data-matching program designed to claw back welfare overpayments.
The Department of Human Services’ controversial ‘robo-debt’ system lacks usability and transparency, according to a Commonwealth ombudsman’s report released today.
Although it is still early days for the government’s massive overhaul of Centrelink’s welfare payment systems, the project is already delivering dividends, according to human services minister Alan Tudge.
The Senate has backed an inquiry into Centrelink’s widely criticised data-matching program, which is intended to claw back welfare overpayments but whose accuracy and impact on welfare recipients has been condemned.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.