ASX-listed, Tasmania-based financial services group MyState has moved to a consolidated core banking system for both MyState Bank and The Rock.
banks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia’s Authorised Deposit-Taking Institutions (ADIs) have inadequate technology infrastructure to meet the demands for higher quality data reporting being proposed by their regulator, a recent survey suggests.
Westpac registered a 3 per cent increase in costs for FY16 in line with the group’s revenue growth, with CEO, Brian Hartzer, telling a full year results briefing that the bank’s investment spend would help put it in good stead for future returns.
The Commonwealth Bank’s mammoth core modernisation program helped it claim the title of the country’s first ‘real time’ financial institution, but there is still more to do to move some of CBA’s systems away from batch processing according to Pete Steel.
Westpac's technology expenses grew 12 per cent in the 12 months to 30 September to $1.75 billion, the bank revealed today.
Whitepapers about banks
Outsourcing has become a critical component of management of financial institution operations. Consequently, the Office of the Controller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) recently issued guidance on how financial institutions should manage third-party risks. • Institutions are outsourcing increasingly complex and sensitive banking and financial operations to third parties • The guidance issued by each agency has particular relevance to outsourcing transactions and provides companies with a roadmap of the key areas of concern to regulators • Many of the suggestions in the OCC and FRB guidance concern provisions of outsourcing agreements where vendors often push back
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda