Unicorns are all the rage these days, and we're not talking about the ones in fantasy stories or on your kids' bedspreads. The unicorns that people at events like last week's <a href="http://tiestartupcon.com/">TIE Startup Con</a> (formerly TIEcon East) are agog over are private companies with valuations of $1 billion or more, such as co-working office space provider <a href="https://www.wework.com/">WeWork</a> and data virtualization company <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2216568/security/actifio-debuts--introduces-new-data-protection-applications.html">Actifio</a>, whose founders talked shop during the opening panel at the Cambridge, Mass., get-together for entrepreneurs and investors.
Actifio - News, Features, and Slideshows
Organisations are creating so much data that some do not know how much they have or how quickly it is growing, according to Actifio.
Sydney-based law firm Henry Davis York (HDY) has forecast savings of $450,000 over the next four years following the introduction of a new backup system.
SAI Global (ASX:SAI) has improved disaster recovery and simplified backups since the introduction of data de-duplication technology at the end of last year.
All that new data flowing into enterprises can bring along an expensive partner: multiple copies.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible