Like many public broadcasting organisations the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has gradually adopted digital technologies to create its wealth of content.
abc - News, Features, and Slideshows
abc in pictures
Helen Clifton has been appointed chief digital and information officer at the ABC.
The ABC has created a chief technology officer role as part of a wide-ranging transformation program unveiled by the broadcaster’s managing director, Michelle Guthrie.
The ABC is planning a massive upgrade of the transcoding facilities it uses to convert a wide range of video formats for use on television, podcasts, Internet publishing and various forms of mobile and social media.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation predicts it will need more than 20 Petabytes of storage capacity by 2021.
The Australian Broadcasting commission is embarking on a massive reworking of its electronic, computing, Internet and archival facilities in what is set to be one of the biggest and most complex upgrade IT sequences seen in this country.
Companies are having to be pickier about which data sets they collect, process and use. It's all about having the right architecture in place.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.