Telstra says that some 200 cell sites in north Queensland and South Australia have received a speed boost, with the telco saying they have received up to 50 per cent more 4G capacity.
1800 MHz - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra and Optus between them picked up the majority of regional spectrum on the block in the Australian Communications and Media Authority’s 1800MHz auction.
More spectrum will be made available in the 1800MHz band for mobile broadband services, the government said today.
Australia’s telecom regulator will move forward a proposal to auction off spectrum in the regional 1800 MHz band to telcos for enhanced 4G LTE services.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) wants to spur a greater number and variety of wireless services by changing spectrum licensing and regulatory arrangements for the 1800 MHz band in regional and remote Australia.
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now