- 15 August 2017 15:34
IGEL’s Jed Ayres recognized by CRN® as one of 2017’s Top “Disrupters”
IGEL, a world leader in endpoint management software for the secure enterprise, announced today that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named Jed Ayres, President and CEO of IGEL North America and Global CMO to its 2017 list of Top 100 Executives. The annual list recognizes leaders from the technology industry who have played an integral role in shaping today’s IT channel, whether by driving huge cultural shifts, creating rich new opportunities, or forging innovative routes to success. Ayres was named one of CRN’s Top 25 “Disrupters” as part of the 2017 ranking of Top 100 Executives. This is his second year in a row to be featured on the prestigious list.
Ayres joined IGEL in June 2016 with more than two decades of technology sales and marketing experience and a proven track record for building innovative partner programs and driving high-growth, including at MCPc where he drove double digit growth in preparation and sale of the company’s Advanced Technology Integration Group (ATIG) to Logicalis, and at AppSense where he helped drive the company’s return to growth prior to its acquisition by LANDESK, now Ivanti.
“Under Jed’s leadership, IGEL has made tremendous strides in positioning itself as a global leader the delivery of disruptive software defined endpoint management solutions,” said Heiko Gloge, Founder of IGEL Technology. “Today, our channel partners count us to deliver smart, simple and secure endpoint management solutions that they can leverage to grow their businesses more quickly and more profitably, and we are delivering these solutions in a way that no other company ever has before through hardware agnostic solutions. Jed’s aggressive marketing and sales enablement programs have led to an astounding 890% increase in software revenue in the U.S. market in the first half of 2017 and 156% worldwide.”
Some of the key milestones IGEL has achieved in over the past 12 months that have earned Ayres recognition as a “disrupter” in the marketplace include:
• Opening a new U.S. headquarters in San Francisco; shifting global marketing to the U.S; adding U.S.-based operations and human resources personnel; and, tripling the number of employees in North America to include new executive leadership, dedicated regional sales managers and sales engineers, inside sales representatives and channel account managers.
• Launching a new website, marketing collateral and blog to reflect the intensified focus on an innovative, software-led approach.
• For the first time, offering downloadable trial software licenses of the IGEL Universal Desktop Converter™ (UDC) and the IGEL Universal Management Suite™ (UMS).
• Introducing a new North American Partner Program and adding 17 new partners at the Platinum Level in the U.S.
• Establishing Channel Partner Advisory, Customer Advisory and Marketing Advisory Councils.
• Procuring 20 Demo Kits, sponsored by Intel, valued at more than $5,000 each that were distributed to IGEL Platinum Partners in Q2’17.
• Introducing the IGEL UD Pocket™, a revolutionary micro thin client that turns compatible USB-bootable 64-bit x86 devices into an IGEL OS-powered endpoint without overwriting the local OS.
• Establishing new routes to market through innovative Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) managed service offerings from Platinum Partners Entisys360 and MTM Technologies.
• Producing more than 200 events worldwide.
• Establishing a content marketing and social selling strategy leveraging EveryoneSocial that now includes more than 200 participants and thousands of pieces of original content.
• Launching the IGEL Tesla campaign in January 2017 sponsored by AMD and Samsung which has produced more than 2,000 qualified leads for IGEL and its partners. The Tesla P100D will be given away at VMworld US 2017 on Wed., Aug. 30 during a reception at The LIGHT Vegas nightclub at Mandalay Bay, and streamed live on the IGEL website.
“Today’s IT ecosystem is undergoing major changes, from a disruptive, technological innovation boom to the unprecedented shift to a services-driven market,” said Robert Faletra, CEO of The Channel Company. “For both technology suppliers and solution providers, navigating these uncertain waters and maintaining a competitive edge requires strong leadership and vision. CRN’s 2017 Top 100 Executives actively embody these qualities, providing the exemplary guidance their companies need to thrive in this new environment and move the IT channel forward.”
The Top 100 Executives list will be featured in the August 2017 issue of CRN and online at www.crn.com/top100.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.