- 17 March 2017 08:54
NSFOCUS launches in Australia, ideally placed to halt cyber attack tsunami from China
SYDNEY, March 17, 2017 – NSFOCUS, a global provider of intelligent hybrid DDoS defences, today announced its launch into Australia. The company believes it is uniquely placed to defend against cyber-attacks from China.
Recent reports have indicated that up to 40 percent of global cyber-attacks are associated with China and the exploits discovered in this region can take days, weeks, or even months before they are replicated elsewhere.
“NSFOCUS Global Threat Intelligence is ideally placed to help Australian organisations improve their awareness and enterprise security posture – delivering both strategic and tactical intelligence, and providing organisations with a complete view of the global threat landscape, including China,” said Attley Ng, Senior Vice President Asia Pacific, NSFOCUS.
NSFOCUS is the only company that can provide insight from inside China as well elsewhere around the world, making it uniquely qualified to help mitigate these risks before they escalate. With more than 4,000 active customers, 12,000 network sensors, extensive honeypot networks, over 700G of data collected daily, and visibility into 400 million endpoints, NSFOCUS’ suite of Threat Intelligence solutions help organisations to get ahead of future attacks by implementing countermeasures quickly to protect critical assets.
“The launch of NSFOCUS into Australia is a natural extension of our progress across Asia Pacific,” said Mr. Ng. “Australia has a mature information technology market, with a rich depth of IT expertise that includes cyber security professionals, yet corporates and governments are still falling prey to cyber-attacks.”
He added: “In the aftermath of the massive cyber-attacks the world witnessed last year, organisations in Australia and worldwide can no longer rely solely on threat intelligence feeds to alert them to risks.
“Despite rapid innovation to combat growing threats, security professionals with limited intelligence resources still struggle to keep up with the overwhelming amount of data points these systems aggregate. Implementing a holistic, intelligence-driven solution with true global insight can help security teams to understand strategic and tactical intelligence – not just feed data - to take immediate action on the threats to their business. Our worldwide team of researchers and engineers work around the clock to help customers gain visibility and threat context to effectively respond to threats, both known and unknown.”
The NSFOCUS Threat Intel feed integrates seamlessly with the company’s Cloud and On-Premises DDoS defences, giving organisations such as government, big enterprises and service providers in Australia an additional layer of secured protections.
NSFOCUS has appointed Aquion as its Authorised Value Distributor, to provide localised support to the Australian market and help in recruitment and enabling security channel partners. Already NSFOCUS has committed to sponsoring two major security events this year: the AISA security conference and AusCert 2017.
Stephen Balicki, Managing Director, Aquion said: “Our partnership with NSFOCUS presents us with exceptional opportunities, as their comprehensive solutions deliver a real edge in the data security arena. These will appeal to channel partners and reinforce our AqSEC business unit which helps customers to monitor, manage and secure all elements of enterprise infrastructure using the best technologies.”
“As an endorsement of our capabilities, NSFOCUS is the leading choice when it comes to data security options,” said James Braunegg, Managing Director of Melbourne-based Micron21. “Our Tier IV data centre is the first in Australia to achieve Uptime Institute Tier IV Fault Tolerant Design Certification. This establishes Micron 21 as the most secure, reliable and high calibre commercial information technology facility in Australia.
“In addition to our Tier IV compliance, Micron 21 is ISO 27001 certified. To achieve these stellar standards, we researched the best data security options, and selected NSFOCUS. Now we are confident that reliability, security and premium technology set the standard for our services.”
The NSFOCUS suite of Threat Intelligence solutions includes:
1. NSFOCUS Threat Intelligence (NTI) Portal: Allows users to gain additional insight into various threats and threat actors via research, data collection, and analysis of crowdsourced information. NSFOCUS customers can drill deeper into detail on threats, upload malware samples for analysis, and monitor/track IP addresses with automatic notifications – providing a tailored experience for the most relevant threats.
2. Threat Analysis Alerts and Reports: NSFOCUS provides timely analysis on threat trends, campaigns and actors, in addition to critical vulnerabilities identified. Via weekly blogs, emergency alerts and regularly released reports, customers are updated on the latest threat information available.
3. Actionable Data Feeds: Delivered by strategically located NSFOCUS Cloud Centers, these feeds provide information across four crucial risk areas:
• IP Reputation: A list of IP addresses that have earned a negative reputation through involvement in suspicious activity, including phishing, botnets, APTs, DDoS attacks and more.
• Malicious Web/URL: A domain reputation list that includes malicious websites that are the source of exploit kits, malware and phishing attacks.
• Command & Control: A set of IP addresses that are known to control botnet armies used to take services offline. This feed is used to prevent organizations’ own resources from unknowingly participating in cyber-attacks, mitigate ransomware, as well as conserving network resources.
• Malware Hashes: A set of MD5 file hashes that can be used to identify malware in email or file transfers, as well as stored data – protecting against malware, ransomware, Trojans, scanning, probing, and data leakage.
NSFOCUS can easily augment existing threat intelligence through integration with other threat intelligence offerings or SIEM deployments, and across NSFOCUS’ network and application security products.
To learn more about NSFOCUS’ approach to threat intelligence, visit http://nsfocusglobal.com/threat-intelligence/
Christine Tee, Sr. Director, Channels and Marketing, NSFOCUS. (65) 9679 1481 email@example.com
About NSFOCUS IB
NSFOCUS IB is a wholly owned subsidiary of NSFOCUS, an award-winning enterprise application and network security provider, with operations in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. NSFOCUS IB has a proven track record of combatting the increasingly complex cyber threat landscape through the construction and implementation of multi-layered defense systems. The company's Intelligent Hybrid Security strategy utilizes both cloud and on-premises security platforms, built on a foundation of real-time global threat intelligence, to provide unified, dynamic protection from advanced cyber threats.
NSFOCUS has fifteen years of success and experience working with Fortune 500 companies, including four of the world’s five largest financial institutions, as well as organizations in insurance, retail, healthcare, critical infrastructure industries as well as government agencies. NSFOCUS IB has technology and channel partners in more than 60 countries, and is a winner of the Microsoft Bug Bounty Program for 4 consecutive years, a member of the Microsoft Active Protections Program (MAPP), StopBadware.org, and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
Enterprise- and carrier-grade products undergo rigorous evaluation and testing to Veracode VL4 and ISO 27001 certification, delivering powerful and effective threat management combined with advanced data analytics and intrusion prevention and detection capabilities.
A research arm, the NSFOCUS Security Labs, is a renowned technical research center that tracks and analyzes global intelligence while identifying new network vulnerabilities and security trends.
Visit NSFOCUS: www.nsfocusglobal.com Read the blog: http://nsfocusglobal.com/category/blog/ Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NSFOCUS_Intl Follow on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nsfocus Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nsfocus/
NSFOCUS; NSFOCUS, INC. and NSFOCUS Anti-DDoS System (ADS) are trademarks or registered trademarks of NSFOCUS, Inc. All other names and trademarks are property of their respective firms.
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply