- 16 March 2017 10:00
SolarWinds Empowers IT Professionals with the Ultimate Hybrid IT Performance Management Platform
SYDNEY – March 16, 2017 – SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today revealed its latest capabilities for end-to-end hybrid IT management through key updates to its modular and scalable SolarWinds® Orion® platform and related products. With these updates, SolarWinds enables complete cloud visibility along with deep on-premises monitoring and a new, dynamic drag-and-drop dashboard to visualise infrastructure and application relationships. These new features help IT professionals monitor, troubleshoot, and improve hybrid IT performance with a simplicity like never before.
“For all of its benefits, the nearly universal shift to a hybrid IT strategy that links internal and external IT services can lead to complex, multi-faceted performance issues that span across systems and networks owned by an organisation, their service providers, and their cloud vendors,” said Christoph Pfister, executive vice president, products, SolarWinds. “As a result, IT professionals need comprehensive visibility into every aspect of their hybrid environments that may impact application performance. They then need a way to correlate that data so they can break down the walls between functional roles, service providers, and cloud vendors; eliminate finger pointing; and solve hybrid performance problems faster. Today’s SolarWinds Orion platform and product enhancements enable just that: end-to-end hybrid IT management.”
End-to-End Hybrid IT Management from SolarWinds
According to the SolarWinds IT Trends Report 2016: The Hybrid IT Evolution, a mere 5 percent of Australian organisations have not migrated any infrastructure or applications to the cloud, yet 61 percent stated they will likely never transition all services offsite, making hybrid IT the reality for IT departments today and for the foreseeable future. The survey also found that, while the cloud is key to business success, the challenges of hybrid IT environments are many. Increased management complexity brought on by combining cloud and on-premises services, along with a lack of control over and visibility into cloud services, ranked among the most prevalent issues faced by IT professionals.
To help overcome these challenges, the SolarWinds Orion platform enables unified monitoring and management of cloud, on-premises, and hybrid IT services. This is accomplished through products such as SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM), which provides deep visibility into the performance of business-critical applications and the infrastructure that supports them on-premises and in the cloud; SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), which provides comprehensive network performance monitoring with the NetPath™ feature for critical path visualisation on-premises and in the cloud; and SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer (DPA), which features unique Multi-Dimensional Performance Analysis™ across on-premises and cloud database environments.
The latest enhancements to these products, powered by the SolarWinds Orion platform, include:
- Cloud infrastructure monitoring from within the SolarWinds SAM module. The SolarWinds Orion platform now monitors Amazon® Web Services (AWS®) instances and volumes via the Amazon CloudWatch API, providing more visibility into cloud applications and the cloud infrastructure that supports them. This enhances what is already provided by the agent-based and agent-less capabilities in the product.
- Support for Microsoft® Azure® SQL and AWS Aurora™ RDS databases within SolarWinds DPA, enabling database administrators and developers to get maximum performance from their cloud databases and reduce infrastructure requirements using Multi-Dimensional Performance Analysis.
- Support for Cisco® Meraki® wireless access points within SolarWinds NPM. Cisco Meraki wireless access points are 100 percent cloud-managed, enabling network engineers to focus on configuring network behaviors rather than individual network components. SolarWinds NPM now provides a single robust tool for monitoring both locally managed and Cisco Meraki cloud-managed wireless access points.
- Enhanced network path monitoring within NetPath in SolarWinds NPM, which provides visibility into network performance and path analysis across the internet. View devices, applications, networks, and vendors in single-page path analysis to track every hop, and view latency historically or in real-time.
Drag-and-Drop Correlation in a Powerful Dashboard for Hybrid IT Environments
Also, new today is the general availability of the SolarWinds PerfStack™ dashboard, enabling next-generation capabilities for hybrid IT troubleshooting. PerfStack is a significant new capability available in the SolarWinds Orion platform. It is a highly customisable, yet simple-to-build dashboard. PerfStack allows IT administrators to selectively drag and drop critical real-time and historical metrics from virtually any SolarWinds Orion-based product, including cloud and on-premises performance data, into a single customisable chart to visualise the relationship between suspect elements. This enables IT professionals to identify, isolate, and troubleshoot hybrid IT performance problems in ways never before possible with this level of simplicity.
Making PerfStack even more powerful is the ability for administrators to collaborate with others by easily sharing the custom PerfStack charts they have created, helping break down the functional silos within their IT organisations and solve performance problems faster.
As a new component of the SolarWinds Orion platform, PerfStack is included in the latest versions of SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (12.1), SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (6.4), SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (4.2.2), SolarWinds Virtualization Manager (7.1), SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (6.4), and SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (2.2.1).
“As we accelerate our investigation of cloud technologies, providing a converged view of both our on-premises and cloud environments is critical in maintaining the high level of operational transparency we enjoy today,” said Joshua Biggley, engineer, enterprise applications, Cardinal Health. “Leveraging the new cloud infrastructure monitoring features in SolarWinds SAM will give us visibility into our AWS environment using a common dataset that is already familiar and known to our cloud engineering team. That standard of a familiar dataset is also extremely valuable to our database performance teams as we explore the use of cloud-based database technologies—SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is our trusted performance monitoring platform for our on-premises databases and has provided critical visibility into our RDS-based deployments.”
“In spite of our successes, the number one ask from our infrastructure and application teams is, ‘How can we leverage the data SolarWinds collects to reduce our mean time to repair?’,” Biggley added. “In the past, we’ve relied on static dashboards that required teams to pre-emptively guess what metrics might be required to investigate an issue. While static dashboards will continue to exist for operational awareness, the new SolarWinds PerfStack dashboard is the dynamic analytics tool we’ve been waiting for. It will empower operational teams to perform real-time analytics of data across multiple platforms and SolarWinds modules. This converged view of metrics, driven by the users who know their applications, infrastructure, and the issues they are trying to solve, is exactly the kind of data liberation our monitoring team has been working towards.”
“Modern application environments are increasingly complex, spanning varied on-premises infrastructure, public cloud, private cloud, and combinations of the above,” said Nancy Gohring, senior analyst, 451 Research. “Correlating operations data generated by each piece of the puzzle is key to offering developers and operations staff the insights they need to quickly solve problems that emerge in this new, complex environment.”
Pricing and Availability
All products referenced in this press release are currently available. The starting price* for each, including the first year of maintenance, is as follows:
For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation, visit the SolarWinds website, or call:
*Prices as of March 14, 2017. Pricing may vary based upon the jurisdiction and applicable currency. Please contact a local SolarWinds sales representative to find pricing specific to your jurisdiction.
Connect with SolarWinds
About SolarWinds SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide, from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, managed service providers (MSPs), government agencies, and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT, MSP, and DevOps professionals, and strive to eliminate the complexity that our customers have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address key areas of the infrastructure from on-premises to the cloud. This focus and commitment to excellence in end-to-end hybrid IT performance management has established SolarWinds as the worldwide leader in both network management software and MSP solutions, and is driving similar growth across the full spectrum of IT management software. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in ourTHWACK® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.
© 2017 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
Phone: +61 2 9956 5733
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now