- 20 August 2013 15:10
Microsoft’s BizSpark propels Podzy to iAwards win
The 2013 iAwards represented an impressive showcase of innovations in ICT and highlighted the many ways in which ICT is delivering innovation and can help to drive productivity and economic growth. The winners were announced on August 8 at the iAwards Presentation Ceremony and Gala Dinner held at Crown Melbourne. Podzy’s software has been in development for the past 18 months and is one of the only ‘File Sync And Share’ platforms that can be hosted 100 percent on-premise by enterprises, as well as support file encryption both in transit and at rest. On hand to congratulate Podzy founder Rob Linton on his success was Microsoft Australia’s Managing Director, Pip Marlow. Podzy is a member of the Microsoft BizSpark program, a global initiative from Microsoft designed to help innovative IT startups like Podzy. Ms Marlow commented: “Microsoft is a proud advocate of innovation and a dedicated champion of the entrepreneurial spirit in Australia. I’m looking forward to watching Podzy grow into a must have product for enterprises.” Podzy is a small startup working out of one of Victoria’s top Innovation co-working spaces, The York Butter Factory is located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD and supported by Microsoft’s BizSpark Plus developer assistance program. Rob said the York Butter Factory was an ideal environment in which to nurture innovation. "The York Butter Factory is a concentration of some of the brightest minds in innovation in Melbourne. Working in this environment is a catalyst to performing at the top of your game." Microsoft launched the BizSpark program globally in 2009. Since then it has helped over 45,000 startups across 100 countries. It provides startups and entrepreneurs with fast and easy access to current full-featured Microsoft development tools and production licenses of server products with no upfront costs and minimal requirements.
Pip Marlow congratulating the founder of Podzy, Rob Linton (on right), and Peter Linton at the Australian iAwards.
For more information please contact:
Rob Linton firstname.lastname@example.org @roblinton
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply