- Deal in the works? BlackBerry delays Pakistan retreat by one month
- The week in security: Root-certificate stuff-ups send Dell, device makers scrambling
- Hackers taget toy maker VTech, make off with customer data
- Microsoft enables potential unwanted software detection for enterprise customers
- Make sure the cloud doesn't fog up your window into network security
- 21 February 2013 13:40
GBST Takes Role of Co-Founder for the Launch of the Inaugural Singularity University Scholarship Programme in Australia
The Global Impact Competition will grant one innovator a full scholarship for the Graduate Studies Program held June 2013 at the Research Centre NASA Ames in California. The Scholarship will be awarded to the individual who will identify and conceptualise a new product or service relying on innovation and the use of technology for social challenges including education, energy, health, prosperity, security, space, urbanisation, transportation, recycling / waste, health and well-being of the elderly.
Additional second and third prize winners will be mentored by the Australian Institute for Commercialisation and the Gold Coast Innovation Centre.
GBST Holdings (GBST) develops award winning IT platforms and provides specialist services for the global banking, finance and insurance industries. Its inaugural sponsorship of The Global Impact Competition in Australia acknowledges the company's commitment to both IT and innovation, whilst recognising that accelerating technological change has an intrinsic value in everyday life.
John Puttick, Chairman for GBST Holdings, said: "The Global Impact Competition is an inspirational way to create a group of visionary leaders and generate practical solutions and profound outcomes to address challenges that Australians face on a daily basis."
He continued: "GBST has a successful track record with innovating global financial services solutions and this has been attributed to our co-operative approach to research and development. We acknowledge how important it is to take these big ideas to world markets and we fully support Australian ingenuity."
All Australian submissions for The Global Impact Competition are due by 10 April and will be evaluated by a panel of business, technology and innovation experts. The Global Impact Competition winner will be announced on 22 April.
"Over the next 25 years the world will be faced with absorbing the radical innovation and developments that technology can produce. These changes will outpace the way that many governments and individuals can respond. The Global Impact Competition recognises that we can forge new frontiers and positively impact society. We applaud GBST for its support of our inaugural scholarship competition in Australia," said David Roberts, VP and Director of the Graduate Studies Program, Singularity University.
Singularity University was founded in 2007 by Dr. Peter. H. Diamandis and Dr. Ray Kurzweil to positively impact humanity by assembling, supporting, educating and inspiring future leaders across the globe who can harness the power of exponential technologies to improve the lives of a billion people within a decade.
About GBST - www.gbst.com
GBST (ASX: GBT), provides global technology services to the financial services industry, addressing our clients’ constant needs for innovation, competitiveness and responsive IT that truly enables business. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, GBST is headquartered in Brisbane and has offices throughout Australia, in London and New York, and has operations in Hong Kong, Paris and Singapore.
- SAP: Don't blame us for DHL's ailing logistics system
- Watch out, bosses. Cyber Monday sales distractions hit
- Autodesk will bring digital designs into the real world with Microsoft's HoloLens
- U.S. proves to be a stronghold for Windows 10
- Obama and Bill Gates tout plans to double clean energy research spending
- How Captain's Choice is cruising to a new level of digital engagement
- From tactical overhead to strategic growth driver: B2B marketing in the digital age
- Sensis overhauls NPS framework
- MCN to appoint first chief data officer as part of digital and tech-led c-suite overhaul
- Getting email marketing back on track: Identity Direct's story